For a good financial education, there are certain topics of a more specific nature that most people will want to explore in addition to the basic topics covered in our primary site content. Those that can be covered in brief articles are posted in the blog; those that are longer or relatively more important may be discussed here.
- When Stuff Happens!
- There is no avoiding the fact that in real life stuff happens! The question is, what can we do about it. The truth is that there is a great deal we can do to be prepared for the unexpected stuff that happens in our lives. Here are a few tips.
- The Truth About Economic Disincentives
- Very few people understand economic disincentives but they are powerful influences on our economy and on individuals in particular. In this article I explain what they really are and how they affect our daily lives.
- Is it Safe to Invest in Stocks?
- Especially in these troubling times many people question whether they should invest in the stock market and indeed some quite knowledgeable folks do not. Here is my take for your consideration. Whatever you do you will want to consider whether to invest as much as what investments you would make.
- Our Increasing Age of Retirement
- Older Americans are increasingly finding it necessary to keep working instead of retiring, even when they would prefer not to do so. Why is this so and what can we do about it?