For financial success there are certain things you must learn to do. These money skills, or financial practices, can make the difference in success or failure with money. Fortunately, they are mostly quite easy to learn even though often neglected.
Each of the following articles shares a specific skill that can help you do better with your personal finances. Take time to learn each of them—one at a time, over time—until you master them all.
Handling Marketing & Advertising
- Deflect Unhelpful Marketing Attacks
- One of the most important things required by those who want to be successful with money is the ability to avoid being overwhelmed by the onslaught on marketing around them. Here is the first skill to learn.
- Is False Advertising the Norm?
- Sadly, a lot of the marketing we see is flat out dishonest. Learning how to skillfully recognize false advertising is a crucial skill.
- Deceptive Ads in the Marketplace
- An incredible amount of marketing for even reasonably valuable products is deceptive. Learning how to recognize this practice will help us avoid a lot of trouble and improve our buying skills.
- The Trap of Created Needs
- Sometimes we spend our money to buy things we don’t even need, but think we do because we think we need it at the time. Skillful marketers know how to create needs that don’t even exist! We need a corresponding skill that enables us to avoid such purchases.
Learn these money skills to speed up your success with money! They are simple financial practices but they can make a big impact on your life.